Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Chillin in Chile

Ahhhh, just how I wanted to spend my last bit of time in South America. Sitting on the beach with a good book watching the cute Chileno lifeguards run around.
Chile surly has the most confusing conversion rate, at 474pesos/$CAN. It makes me feel like im spending heaps more than I really am, with surfing lessons costing $10,000, a night at the hostel $5,500, and a bottle of water $500.
I was quite confused walking along the beach, seeing sign after sign with a picture of the beach, and an arrow pointing away from the beach. I thought, ´why, some hooligan has gone and turned all the signs around!¨ On closer inspection... the photo was not of a wave, but a tsunami and read: Evacuation route. I find myself subconsiously glancing toward the sea every now and then... just to be sure.
Im soon off to see if I can still stand up on a surfboard.

"lifes adventures are the verses adn choruses of your unique sone, and when its over, you are dead" -Jimmy Buffett

No comments: