Saturday, February 23, 2008

After the worst case of the 24hr flu that I have ever had... I decided that a 4hr hike to Frey for a competition was perhaps not on the top of my list of things to do. Instead, Jonathan, the Frenchie I have been traveling with, and I teamed up with 3 more Frenchies to head to another climbing area close to Bariloche. The cliff was a 30second walk from the tents, and we were right beside a beautiful lake with a view of the mountains.
We didnt do to much climbing, other than flailing on the hardest 7a I have ever laid a hand on. The camping was nice tho, and we perfected back-coutry bread and Pizza making.
After returning to Barioche, we packed up and headed to El Bolson. (Two hours south... even though I really should have been heading north, as I have over 60hrs of bus to Lima, where I fly home from... oh well). El Bolson is a huge hippie town, where we did a quick hike to some waterfalls, and rocked out to a local band playing Bob Marley and Jimmi Hendrics!! Sweet.
Im in Mendoza now, feeling fairly unmotivated to do much of anything... so Im off to Chile to chill on the beach... and do nothing. Its about a 24hr bus ride, but I have gotten used to these marathon busses.. and they go by in no time.

See everyone in two weeks!!! I cant believe its almost been 7months already! Phew.

No comments: